Another week, another depth chart. This time around, it's the Virginia Cavaliers, who although are dragging through the bottom of the conference, have been playing very well as of late. The Canes still have a week of practices to work through, but the depth chart is already out. Let's take a look at how things are stacking up.
Robert Lockhart Jr.
- Only one change on offense, and that's big Seantrel Henderson finally locking down that starting spot on the right side of the line. He honestly has more or less been the starter for a few weeks, but it was never official on the depth chart until now
- The defensive side has a few intriguing things. For one, Chickillo is listed as an OR with Jalen Grimble. This has happened before, but it felt like more of a motivational ploy. Now, it has the feel of Grimble actually catching up. Chick is having a down year, but it isn't all on him. Opponents have been able to lock him down since there's almost no threat from the middle of the line.
- Tyriq McCord is on the rise, and is now listed as an OR with Shayon Green. It seems that everytime McCord is in the game, he's getting a sack. He needs to play, period.
- Curtis Porter and Luther Robinson are now full fledged backups on the defensive line. If you watched the VT game, they were far and away the best performers on the line, with Olsen Pierre close behind. It is great having them both back on top and playing well, because this is when we need it most.
- Denzel Perryman is listed as an OR with Gionni Paul. I have to think this is mainly due to Perryman tweaking his leg/ankle, because it certainly isn't performance based.
The rest of the chart remains as it has been the past few weeks. The defense has been stepping up big time, and while the offense has at times been frustrating as hell, you can see them working at it. Getting Duke Johnson back and healthy will definitely help things move along.