The Miami Hurricanes return to the postseason with a match-up Vs Louisville in the Russell Athletic Bowl.
GAME INFORMATION – GAME 13 (RUSSELL ATHLETIC BOWL)
RV/25/NR MIAMI HURRICANES (9-3, 5-3 ACC) vs. 18/16/18 LOUISVILLE CARDINALS (11-1, 7-1 AAC)
Saturday, Dec. 28, 2013 • 6:45 p.m. ET • ESPN • Orlando, Fla. • Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium (65,438)
Miami leads series 9-1-1 ... #RAB will first neutral-site appearance ... UofL joins ACC in 2014.
- Senior WR Allen Hurns needs 19 yards to set the Miami single-season receiving record.
- Miami is 11-3 in its last 14 games under head coach Al Golden (started 11-11).
- Freshman Stacy Coley is the only FBS player this season to record a TD by rushing, receiving, punt return and kick return.
- Senior Stephen Morris is the only QB in FBS with a pass of 50+ yards in nine difference games this season.
- Morris also leads the FBS with 3 passes of 80+ yards this season.
The 2013 Russell Athletic Bowl pits two programs built by legendary college football coach Howard Schnellenberger. Coach Schnellenberger is credited with laying the foundation for one of the greatest dynasties in college football history, the University of Miami Hurricanes. Schnellenberger coached the Hurricanes for five seasons (1979-83), posting a 41-16 record and his tenure culminated with the 1983 National Championship – the first of five Miami national titles. Two years later, Schnellenberger took over at Louisville, where he’d spend 10 seasons with the Cardinals (1985-94). He finished 54-56-2 with two bowl wins.
Please join in with fellow 'Canes fans and leave a comment below.