On Miami Coaching Rumors
1. Fire Coach D
The vast majority of fans who want Coach D fired haven’t thought about their complaint thoroughly. The following are a list of questions directed toward such people.
1. Was Miami’s defense particularly talented this year? Consider recruiting rankings and depth.
2. Did the offense routinely help the defense, especially after Duke went down?
3. Who would replace Coach D?
4. Anybody on the current staff? Why not just fire everybody?
5. So, you want Golden to fire his close friend, who’s been with him through good and bad times, and expect him to develop that sort of trust in a coordinator right before signing day?
My prediction is that everybody stays put. And for the love of consistency, and for all the recruits (Chad Thomas) who would probably de-commit, I hope Coach D doesn’t get fired.
2. Golden will go to Penn State
This is for Mark May, who's an idiot. First of all, Golden is not an elite coach. Yes, he’s good and I love him, but May’s an idiot for not considering more likely candidates, like James Franklin of Vanderbilt. Proven track record, please. Anybody who's followed Miami this year can't possibly think that Golden is a hot name or whatever. Second, Penn State obviously has a lot of sanctions right now. Why would Golden go through that again?
State of the U nation:
1. Is Golden an elite coach?
2. Do you think he’s even on the radar? Answer the first question first.
3. Would a coach who’s been through bad sanctions want to do that again? I’m wondering if there’s even a precedent.