Springfield, Mass. – The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame announced today the 12 finalists on the watch list for the 2013 Bob Cousy Collegiate Point Guard of the Year Award. The annual honor, named for Hall of Famer and former Boston Celtic Bob Cousy, recognizes the top point guards in men’s college basketball. An original list of 80 candidates was trimmed down by a nationally based committee to the below watch list of 12 student-athletes.
"The Cousy Award screening committee has done an extraordinary job trimming down the list to the final 12," said Ken Kaufman, Chair of the Bob Cousy Award and former president of the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC). "We have a lot of great candidates, and we look forward to following these players through the remainder of their season and recognizing the best point guard in college basketball at the Final Four."
Shane Larkin is averaging 12.8 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 4.1 apg, 2.3 spg, and shoots 42% on 3P%.
For the week of 2/4 he won both the ACC player of the week as well as the Oscar Robertson national player of the week.
"He has that look, that thing you call ‘it’," FSU coach Leonard Hamilton said after the Hurricanes had beaten his Seminoles 71-47 back on January 27. "Sometimes you can’t describe it. Sometimes there’s not words in the dictionary to describe what they’re giving you. But he has it."
Good luck to Shane!!
Full List Below:
2013 Bob Cousy Award 12 Finalists
Player Name School Name
- Keith Appling Michigan State University
- Lorenzo Brown North Carolina State University
- Trey Burke University of Michigan
- Aaron Craft Ohio State University
- Matthew Dellavadova Saint Mary’s College
- Pierre Jackson Baylor University
- Shane Larkin University of Miami
- Phil Pressey University of Missouri
- Peyton Siva University of Louisville
- Marcus Smart Oklahoma State University
- Michael Carter-Williams Syracuse University
Nate Wolters South Dakota State University