So Miami released its' first depth chart post spring, prior to the start of fall camp.
Some interesting notes/highlights:
- Herb Waters is listed as the primary back at both the slot and the second WR. Expect big things from Waters this year.
- True Freshman LB Alex Figueroa remains in the starting line-up at one LB spot, opposite Denzel Perryman.
- MLB remains a toss up between Jimmy Gaines and Raphael Kirby, in a battle of experience Vs potential.
- Although the RT position shows Seantrel Henderson or Ereck Flowers or Sonny Odogwu, there is little doubt the two starting tackles should be Henderson (who is being lauded for his new leadership role) and Flowers, especially with Malcolm Bunche moved to guard.
- TE is a three way battle between Asante Cleveland, Clive Walford, and Beau Sandland. Look for Walford to get the nod, but all three to see the field.
- Ryan Williams remains the #1 back-up to QB Stephen Morris. Gray Crow still has his work cut out for him to supplant Williams.
- Dallas Crawford gets the early nod as the #2 back behind Duke Johnson. Now that Eduardo Clements is healthy, that too will be a battle to watch.
Deon Bush appears to have one safety spot locked up, but Rayshawn Jenkins and AJ Highsmith will duel it out in another talent Vs experience conflict.