Wednesday morning was the first practice where the Hurricanes football team could get on the field with full pads due to the NCAA five practices acclimation process.
Some quick notes on the players who were wearing red jerseys in the past.
- Deon Bush still remains in his red jersey as he is recovering from a sports hernia surgery. We want to send our thoughts and prayers to Deon as his father is battling and cancer and we hope everything goes extremely well. Best of luck to the Bush family.
- Corn Elder and Anthony Chickillo were both wearing yellow jerseys. They've been wearing the non-contact red jersey the last couple of days while Sunny Odogwu was in the white jersey.
- Thurston Armbrister, for the second consecutive practice sported the black jersey over freshman sensation, Alex Figueroa.
- Coach Golden held out Senior QB Stephen Morris out of practice wednesday morning to "not wear down his arm." Ryan Williams got the first team reps while Gray Crow and Kevin Olsen split the second and third team reps.
- Malcolm Lewis also was held out of practice and Al Golden just said that they want to be cautious with Lewis after his injury and limit his workload. Shayon Green was also not suited up today.
- Jontavious Carter talked about what kind of receiver he is and he said he's a "big body receiver .. somebody that can go out there and punish defensive backs."