Lots and lots to recap. Let's jump right in
We know that Malik Rosier and Tavon Ross were on campus for their official visits. Early returns suggest that things went well with both players. In an interview with Canesport.com, Ross said his visit "went pretty well" and that he's "going to know more" once he visits Missouri next week. He also said that Miami made up "a little bit" of ground on Missouri, but that doesn't sound like the gap has closed much. While his highlight tape is SICK and the thought of him coming to Miami was nice, it's looking more and more like he won't be flipping to #TheU.
Beyond those official visits, and maybe even above them, was the news that 5-star RB Bo Scarborough (an Alabama commit) showed up late Saturday night on an unofficial visit. He's an Alabama native, and knows Rosier on some level. Rosier told Canesport.com that Scarborough is "supposed to be coming back again next weekend". Scarborough is 90-95% committed to Alabama, but if he comes back for an Official Visit next weekend, then things COULD possibly change. Key word there: Could.
Miami has a unique Junior Day advantage: the top players from South Florida are all a car ride away, and that collection of talent is seldom seen at Junior Days around the country. Here's a partial list of the guys who were on campus for Junior Day:
- American Heritage QB Torrance Gibson
- St. Thomas Aquinas RB Jordan Scarlett (FAU commit)
- Westminster Christian RB Jordan Cronkite
- Monarch WR Calvin Ridley
- St. Thomas Aquinas WR Sam Bruce (2016 player)
- Champagnat Catholic TE Devonaire Clarington (currently at Southridge, but will play Senior Year at Champagnat)
- Miramar OL Leeward Brown
- Chaminade-Madonna OL Christian (CJ) Strachan
- American Heritage CB Tarvarus McFadden
- Miramar CB Tyrek Cole (FSU commit)
- Killian S Jaquan Johnson
- Monarch S Shawn Burgess-Becker
- Palm Beach Gardens LB Tevon Coney
- Gulliver Prep LB Dominic Sheppard
- Tampa Freedom DE Scott Patchan
- Deerfield Beach DE Jason Strowbridge
- Many, many more. See the full list in this blog post by Miami Herald journalist Safid Deen.
The recruits seemed to have a great time at junior day. Here are some selected tweets from the guys who visited.
University Of Miami Just Offered Me #Canes#The 🙌 🙌🙌🙌
University Of Miami Just Offered Me #Canes#The 🙌 🙌🙌🙌— Tevon Coney9⃣ (@TevonConey) January 26, 2014
Per his mother, Hallandale LB Sh’mar Kilby-Lane offered by Miami today at junior day.
Per his mother, Hallandale LB Sh’mar Kilby-Lane offered by Miami today at junior day.— Andrew Ivins (@andrewrivins) January 26, 2014
Enjoyed my visit today at The University of Miami #Canes— Malik Wisdom (@MalikWizdom) January 26, 2014
Enjoyed myself today at UM 🙌— Tarvarus McFadden (@Tee_Time24) January 26, 2014
That was quick. Committed on spot. 2015 Flanagan WR Emonee Spence commits on Miami Junior Day— SFHS Sports (@SFHSSports) January 26, 2014
Flanagan WR Emonee Spence on junior day at UM: "I fell in love with it instantly so I decided to commit." http://t.co/i2tJv7sogE— Safid Deen (@Safid_Deen) January 26, 2014