1. Matt Porter of the Palm Beach Post had an interesting and POSITIVE look at...Defensive Tackle. Yeah, it shocked me too.
2. For those who may have been worried about Duke Johnson's return from the Ankle injury he suffered in the Florida State game last year, I offer to you the following tweets:
UM sources confirm Duke Johnson recently ran a sub-4.4 40. Extra weight (5-9, 210, +15 lbs from last year) not slowing him down. #Canes— Matt Porter (@mattyports) July 12, 2014
Duke Johnson healthy again, weighing around 210, and back to the 4.3 40 club? hooo buddy— Sex Poncho (@JDotLeezy) July 10, 2014
3. Interested in looking at the Canes through the eyes of others? Our friends at Corn Nation previewed the Canes' trip to Lincoln, and From the Rumble Seat looked at the always tough game vs. Georgia Tech.
4. Want to relive one of the Plays of the Year? Check out this piece on the Anatomy of Stacy Coley's 73 yard touchdown run against Pitt.
5. Preseason watch list have many Canes on them. And, just this morning, Denzel Perryman was added to 2 more: the Lombardi and Butkus award watch lists.
1. Several Canes commits and multiple Miami targets participated in Nike's The Opening. Bleacher Report had a nice recap of their performance.
2. Matt Porter of the Palm Beach Post had SBNation National Recruiting Analyst Bud Elliott join him for a special recruiting article on how the Canes, Gators, and Seminoles targets and commits performed at Nike's The Opening.
4. Here's another piece on Scarlett and Bruce from the Miami Herald's Safid Deen.
5. Virginia Beach (VA) Ocean Lakes ATH Jaason Lewis tweeted out his top 5, which included The U.
The 6'3", 233lb Lewis is being recruited as an H-Back, but could also play RB, LB, or S at the next level. Want Highlights? Look no further.
7. TE Target Devonaire Clarington has transferred (again), this time ending up at Miami Booker T. Washington. He talked to InsideTheU.com about that move, and his recruitment ($).