Virginia Tech has had the Canes number the past 3 seasons, but this year may be different. Picked to be one of the better teams in the ACC at the beginning of the year, the Hokies have done nothing but disappoint. Their past few games have started to reflect at least some of what they are able to do, but the once mighty Logan Thomas is not nearly as scary, and the defense...well...
So just how will the Canes line up against the rival Turkeys? Let's take a look:
Robert Lockhart Jr.
As you can see, there aren't a whole lot of changes to behold.
- Seantrel Henderson and Ereck Flowers are still splitting time at the RT position.
- Robert Lockhart Jr. has yet to make an impact, but has earned the *OR* backup position along with Kendal Thompkins.
- Clive Walford holds on to the starting TE spot, since he has been by far the most productive at that position, although that isn't saying much. He is starting to show some flashes of good work during games, however.
- On defense, Kelvin Cain is no longer there. At all. freshman Tyriq McCord has started to take his reps, although he will spend most of his time at the DE position.
- Raphael Kirby is working his way up the ranks, and now shares the backup MLB spot with Gionni Paul, both behind Jimmy Gaines, who will start this week. It won't be long before Kirby earns that first start, I don't think.
- Ladarius Gunter gets the CB start, with Thomas Finnie and Tracy Howard backing him up.
The injury reports is basically clear. There are the names you have seen that are out for the year, although that list grew by one this week with the announcement that Eduardo Clements will miss the rest of the season. Dallas Crawford will get his first game action this week, which a lot of people are excited about.
The one probable listed on the report is Denzel Perryman, but don't you worry about a thing. The President will be out there killin folk as normal.