The first USA Today Coaches for 2013 was released today, and Miami is NOT in the Top 25. Miami did receive 101 votes and is just barely on the outside looking in. However considering the 'Canes are a popular pick to win the ACC Coastal Division, this is either and indictment of the ACC or a wait and see approach to the young Hurricanes. Certainly UM's defense is a concern of many pundits.
Expect Al Golden and staff to use the snub to fire up his team.
|Rank||Team||Record||Points||First Place Votes||Previous Rank|
- Regardless of Miami's current non ranking, a win September 7 against UF will certainly vault them into the standings.
- No complaints about Bama taking the top spot, until someone takes it from them it's theirs.
- The ACC had only two teams ranked in Clemson and FSU, but as the season progresses someone (Miami, UNC, Va Tech??) should emerge from the Coastal Division and crack the top 25.
- Really?? Really?? Part I: USC coming off a 7-6 season and breaking in a new QB at 24???
- Really?? Really?? Part 2: I don't know who belongs at #2 behind the Tide, but I really feel like Ohio State might just be a tad overrated. It will be hard to tell considering how soft their schedule is until October. I'd probably have put Oregon there.