SERIES INFORMATION – GAMES 27-29
MIAMI HURRICANES (14-12, 5-4 ACC) at #25 NC State (15-8, 3-6 ACC)
Raleigh, N.C. • Doak Field at Dail Park (3,051)
Fri., March 28 (6 p.m. ET) • Sat., March 29 (1 p.m.) • Sun., March 30 (1 p.m.)
Radio: WVUM 90.5 FM | WVUM.org (all three games)
TV: ESPN 3 (Friday, Sunday) • RSN (Saturday)
Miami leads the all-time series between the two schools by a commanding 27-13 margin, including seven of the last ten matchups. The Hurricanes hold a 7-4 series lead in Raleigh and a 17-5 lead in Coral Gables, with the Wolfpack carrying a 4-3 lead in neutral site games.
Game One: MIAMI LHP Chris Diaz (5-0, 2.48 ERA) vs. NCST LHP Carlos Rodon (2-4, 2.18 ERA)
Game Two: MIAMI LHP Andrew Suarez (2-1, 3.40 ERA) vs. NCST RHP Andrew Woeck (3-0, 1.25 ERA)
Game Three: MIAMI LHP Bryan Radziewski (1-2, 3.71 ERA) vs. NCST TBD
WEEKEND NEWS AND NOTES
GONE TO CAROLINA...
• After capturing a 4-0 win over Florida Gulf Coast to wrap up a brief four-game homestand, the Hurricanes will travel to Raleigh, N.C. for a weekend ACC series with No. 25 NC State beginning Friday.
• The Hurricanes have not traveled to Doak Field since 2010, when Miami took two of three in a weekend set with the Wolfpack. Miami holds the all-time series advantage 27-13 over NC State.
• Miami has played the Wolfpack at the ACC Championship in Pool play for the past two years, and has dropped both matchups. The Hurricanes fell 3-2 in Greensboro in 2012 and 7-1 in Durham in 2013.
MILESTONES FOR MORRIS...
• Head coach Jim Morris became just the eighth coach in the history of Division I baseball to accumulate 1,400 wins when Miami beat Boston College 5-2 on March 8.
• Two weeks later, Morris won his 900th game with the Hurricanes in a 7-1 upset of No. 3 Virginia on March 22. Morris ranks second in wins in Miami history behind the late Ron Fraser (1,267).
• Morris ranks fourth among active Division I coaches in career victories (1,405) and eighth all-time in the category.
• Junior LHP Chris Diaz picked up his third win over a ranked opponent this season in a 7-1 victory over No. 3 Virginia (March 22). Diaz has earned a win in five of his six starts and is tied for first in the ACC with five wins. He ranks 17th in the ACC with a 2.58 ERA.
• Diaz, who ranked second in the ACC in ERA in 2013 (1.64), did not pick up his fifth win of the 2013 season until May 10 against Wake Forest. He finished 2013 with a 7-5 record.
• The Hurricanes have won every single one of Diaz’ starts in 2014, including victories over then-No. 23 Florida (2/14), No. 1 FSU (2/28) and No. 3 Virginia (3/22). Miami has not lost a game started by Diaz since the 2013 ACC Tournament in a 7-1 loss to NC State (May 24).