SERIES INFORMATION – GAMES 39-41
#11 MIAMI HURRICANES (26-12, 14-4 ACC) vs. Notre Dame Fighting Irish (15-21, 3-15 ACC)
Coral Gables, Fla. • Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field (4,999)
Sat., April 19 (7 p.m. ET) • Sun., April 20 (7 p.m.) • Mon., April 21 (7 p.m.)
Flagship Radio: 560 WQAM (all three) - Joe Zagacki (PBP), Mike Levine (color)
Student Radio: WVUM 90.5 FM | WVUM.org (all three)
TV: ESPN3 (Saturday, Sunday) | ESPNU (Monday)
Miami leads the all-time series between the two schools by an 11-5 margin. Miami has not played the Fighting Irish - an ACC newcomer - since the 1999 season, when the Hurricanes fell 1-0.
Game One: MIAMI LHP Chris Diaz (6-0, 2.52 ERA) vs. ND RHP Sean Fitzgerald (3-2, 2.31 ERA)
Game Two: MIAMI LHP Andrew Suarez (4-1, 2.66 ERA) vs. ND LHP Michael Hearne (2-4, 2.26 ERA)
Game Three: MIAMI LHP Bryan Radziewski (3-2, 3.69 ERA) vs. ND RHP Pat Connaughton (1-2, 5.11 ERA)
WEEKEND NEWS AND NOTES
• After toppling visiting FAU 2-1 Wednesday to continue its seven-game homestand, No. 11 Miami will battle ACC newcomer Notre Dame in a conference series beginning Sat., April 19 at 7 p.m.
• Miami’s three-game weekend set will be fully carried on the ESPN family of networks. Saturday and Sunday’s games will be broadcast on ESPN3, while the finale will be carried as part of ESPNU’s "ACC Monday" package at 7 p.m.
• Riding the nation’s longest winning streak at 13 consecutive games, the Hurricanes have not lost since a March 24 series finale against No. 1 Virginia. Miami has a 16-7 record at home and 14-4 record in league play - tied for the best mark in the ACC.
UPDATING THE RESUME...
• Miami has used its nine-game winning streak, including back-to-back ACC road sweeps, to vault to No. 19 in the latestWarren Nolan Top 25 RPI (April 10).
• Miami has eight wins against teams in the Warren Nolan Top 50 RPI, including a road win over No. 3 Florida State, a series victory over No. 4 Florida, a win over No. 10 Virginia, a road sweep of No. 40 NC State and a road win against No. 44 Georgia Tech.
• With a challenging ACC slate remaining, Miami’s strength of schedule is rated No. 23 by Warren Nolan.
• By capturing its series finale 7-2 against Pittsburgh on April 13, Miami completed its third consecutive three-game ACC sweep – the first time the Hurricanes have accomplished the feat since joining the conference in 2004.
• Miami’s current 13-game winning streak is the longest in the nation, and the longest for the Hurricanes since a 14-game stretch in 2008. Miami also has the second-longest road winning streak of any team nationwide (eight games).
• With nine consecutive ACC wins, Miami has tied the program record for conference winning streak – done twice before. But 2014 marks the first time the Hurricanes have won nine straight ACC games in one season.