UM had a closed to public/media scrimmage yesterday, but here is what we know (Courtesy UM):
- Duke Johnson, Gus Edwards, and Walter Tucker all scored with reports of Johnson looking particularly sharp. (no surprise)
- Trayone Gray also had a 25 yard TD run.
- 5 different QBs took snaps but once again Jake Heaps and Brad Kaaya stood out.
- On defense the Hurricanes had seven pass deflections (four at the line of scrimmage), six tackles for loss, two sacks, two interceptions and a forced fumble that was recovered by Tyriq McCord.
- Dallas Crawford sounds like he had the best day of defense, with 5 tackles, a forced fumble, and a 50 yard pick six.
- Denzel Perryman was Miami's leading tackler with nine stops.
- Defensive lineman Ufomba Kamalu and linebacker Jermaine Grace each had a sack, while defensive lineman Anthony Chickillo, linebacker Thurston Armbrister and defensive backs Tracy Howard, Hugo Delapenha and Ryan Mayes had pass deflections.
Highlights via Canes All Access
In other news:
#Canes spokesperson did tell me OLs Kc McDermott, Jon Feliciano and QB Ryan Williams did not participate in today's scrimmage.— Matt Porter (@mattyports) August 14, 2014
You know about Williams, but Feliciano and McDermott are not expected to be serious injuries to our knowledge.
S Rayshawn Jenkins is reportedly (via his own Facebook) out for the season. We reached out to UM official for comment and will hold off any any further detail until all is official.
But this may not have been a scrimmage related injury:
That said, T. Howard spoke about Jenkins being hurt the other day. May be a nagging injury Jenkins couldn't shake: http://t.co/YdSrnEBlvy— Christy Chirinos (@ChristyChirinos) August 14, 2014
Sty tuned for more details as we learn them on this story and everything else going on.
And as always keep an eye on the stream below for plenty of updates from the best and brightest media members covering the 'Canes: