First the Highlights:
- Sheldon McClellan has gone for 19 and 24 in Miami's past 2 wins, but just 6 and 11 in the their previous 2 losses. Sense a theme here? UM obviously needs their most talented scorer remain aggressive.
- The 'Canes biggest weakness as a team in my opinion is their defense at the 4 spot. Against Wake Dinos Mitoglou was the stretch 4 of their nightmares. Today seldom used Will Magarity was a handful for BC. And the Eagles guards met little to no resistance from anyone other than Tonye Jekiri when they strolled down the lane. Davon Reed is their best PF defensively and he is a wing. Joe Thomas is too small, Ivan Cruz Uceda is not athletic enough, Omar Sherman is not ready (defensively).
- Speaking of Reed, he is at times their best player on the floor. Another strong performance by the sophomore with 19 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 assists.
- Deandre Burnett needs to see the floor. Yes he turns the ball over. No he is not a great defender (yet). But at least he understands his role, score. And that he does well. Miami loses with out his 13 big points today.
- I've never seen Coach Larranaga look so frustrated and confused. UM has 6 games left in the regular season. They need minimum 3 wins to remain in the convo for an NCAA berth. Like Coach L, we have no idea what to expect game to game from this team.