Most, if not all, HS football players dream of going to college to play football. For a large group of the Miami Hurricanes' 2015 recruiting class, that dream will become a reality when they arrive in Coral Gables this weekend.
With Summer Session A starting on Monday, a large majority of the recruits who signed with Miami on National Signing Day in February will be packing their things, and moving into their dorms to start college life on Sunday. Here's the list:
- RB Mark Walton, Booker T. Washington HS, Miami, FL
- OL Bar Milo, Chaminade HS, West Hills, CA
- OL Hayden Mahoney, Malvern Prep, Malvern, PA
- OL Tyree St. Louis, IMG Academy, Bradenton, FL
- OL Tyler Gauthier, Venice HS, Venice, FL
- OL Brendan Loftus, Godby HS, Tallahassee, FL
- DL Richard McIntosh, Cardinal Gibbons HS, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- DL Ryan Fines, IMG Academy, Bradenton, FL
- DL Kendrick Norton, Trinity Catholic, Jacksonville, FL
- DL Gerald Willis III, Transfer from the University of Florida
- LB James King, Booker T. Washington HS, Miami, FL
- DB Sheldrick Redwine, Killian HS, Miami, FL
- DB Terrance Henley, Blanche Ely HS, Pompano Beach, FL
- DB Robert Knowles, Edison HS, Miami, FL
- DB Michael Jackson, Spain Park HS, Birmingham, AL
When those players join the team on Sunday, all but 3 of the 23 signees/commits (we'll call Willis III a commit until he arrives on campus) will be on campus. 5 players, DB Jaquan Johnson, TE Jerome Washington, LB Charles Perry, DE Scott Patchan, and OT Jahair Jones, enrolled in January.
The biggest additions are RB Walton and OL Milo and St. Louis. All 3 of those players has the physical tools to contribute early in their college careers.
The 3 remaining players, QB Evan Shirreffs (Jefferson, GA), WR Lawrence Cager (Towson, MD), and LB Jamie Gordinier (Red Bank, NJ) will arrive in June or July.
The offseason never stops. Hope these new Canes are ready to get to work.