clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Taylor Gadbois tweets that he's no longer a Hurricane

New, 24 comments

After some speculation about an upcoming suspension, Taylor Gadbois tweeted today that he's no longer a Miami Hurricane

Jamie Rhodes-USA TODAY Sports

Shortly after Noon on Thursday, the following tweet appeared:

So, after some speculation that a suspension was impending for the 6'8" 320lb Gadbois, it appears that instead he has been informed that he is no longer a part of the Miami Hurricanes Football team. This dismissal was not shocking to some:

UPDATE: The plot thickens
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Taylor Gadbois was already suspended through mid-October. Then yesterday, he upset Miami coaches during a military-style training session.</p>&mdash; Adam Kuperstein (@AKuperstein) <a href="https://twitter.com/AKuperstein/status/614128116747911168">June 25, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

For a unit that already lost 3 starters to the NFL, losing Gadbois, who had previously said that he was "The LT for this team" is another blow to a unit that is talented, but inexperienced.

But, after bringing in 6 offensive linemen in the 2015 recruiting class, progressing the ones who were already on campus, and hopefully getting others back healthy, this loss from the roster is something the Canes should be able to effectively deal with.

As Peter Ariz said in his tweet, we wish Taylor Gadbois nothing but success in his future.

More on this as the story develops.