Let me begin by saying the obvious: the following stats came against a FCS/1-AA opponent. Miami had a clear advantage in size and skill at nearly every position on the field. I know that and agree with that.
That being said, the Canes defense was flat out dominant in the season opener on Saturday night.
Some quick stats for you:
- 10 Tackles for loss by 8 players
- 5 sacks by 6 players
- 1.51 yards allowed per rushing attempt
- 26 yards allowed passing (BEST in the country)
- 79 yards total offense allowed (3rd best in the country)
- 1.72 yards per play (total) allowed (3rd best in the country)