Tuesday afternoon, the ACC released the schedules for all their member teams. This includes the Miami Hurricanes, who look to forge a new path under the leadership of new head coach Mark Richt. Here's the press release, courtesy of Miami athletics:
CORAL GABLES, Fla. - The University of Miami released its 2016 football schedule on Tuesday in conjunction with the Atlantic Coast Conference.
Miami’s upcoming schedule will feature six away games and six home games at Sun Life Stadium, which will see the second phase of its renovation project completed for the Hurricanes' season opener. The schedule also features a challenging four game non-conference slate, which includes a trip to Notre Dame (Oct. 29).
In total, eight of Miami’s 2016 opponents played in a bowl game this past season and posted a combined record of 83-69.
The Hurricanes kickoff the 2016 season under first-year head coach Mark Richt on Sept. 3 against Florida A&M.
Miami’s additional non-conference opponents include matchups against FAU (Sept. 10) and at Appalachian State (Sept. 17).
Miami opens league play on Oct. 1 as it travels to Georgia Tech. The following week on Oct. 8, the Hurricanes welcome in-state rival Florida State to Sun Life Stadium.
The Hurricanes’ remaining conference slate includes matchups with North Carolina (Oct. 15), at Virginia Tech on a Thursday (Oct. 20), Pittsburgh (Nov. 5), at Virginia (Nov. 12), at NC State (Nov. 19) and Duke (Nov. 26).
Miami concluded the 2015 season in the Hyundai Sun Bowl, falling to Washington State by a score of 20-14. The Hurricanes return 17 starters and six all-conference players from last year’s squad that posted an 8-5 mark.
In 2015, the Hurricanes logged a 5-1 record inside Sun Life Stadium. Miami has posted a 12-1 non-conference home record since 2011 and are an impressive 16-4 in its last 20 home games.
And here's the schedule in a chart for you:
|Sept. 3||HOME||Florida A&M|
|Sept. 10||HOME||Florida Atlantic|
|Sept. 17||away||Appalachian State|
|Oct. 1||away||Georgia Tech|
|Oct. 8||HOME||Florida State|
|Oct. 15||HOME||North Carolina|
|Oct. 20 (Thursday night)||away||Virginia Tech|
|Oct. 29||away||Notre Dame|
|Nov. 19||away||North Carolina State|
A couple quick thoughts:
- October is, once again, BRUTAL. 5 games, including a Thursday night game without a bye in front of it. Mark Richt is going to earn his salary then.
- OCTOBER 8TH - FLORIDA STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- And, just because I am who I am, I'm looking forward to the absolutely ridiculous carnival recruiting event that the FSU game is going to be.
- Duke at home during rivalry week after Thanksgiving? 9 months in advance, what's the over/under on references to #TheReturn during that game? 10? 20? 100?
- Was not a fan of the home and home deal with Appalachian State, so seeing that game on the schedule just reminds me of my displeasure.
- Excited for the Notre Dame game. Catholics vs Convicts revival. LET'S GO, CONVICTS!!!!!