Take a deep breathe Miami fans.
Apologize to your neighbors and loved ones for both screams of joy, and outbursts of agony.
UM has advanced to the Sweet 16.
It wasn't easy as they blew a 21 point lead, and had to rally for the win.
But this time of year, that is ALL that matters.
- Think Angel Rodriguez took the match-up with Fred VanVleet personal? Rodriguez was very complimentary and classy of his counterpart before the game. But AR had something to prove today. His D through out most of the game Vs the WSU PG was equally important as his 28 points.
- Play of the game? Easy. This hoop stymied the Shockers momentum and woke up the 'Canes
- Another great block by Kamari Murphy set up that lob. Later on a huge block by Davon Reed was also key.
- UM is still getting killed on the offensive glass. The Shockers had 16 offensive boards.
- Experience matters. 5th year seniors McClellan and Rodriguez are combining to average 46 a game through 2 NCAA Tourney games.
- Villanova and Iowa and both very good teams. The winner will be another huge challenge for the 'Canes. But both are perimeter oriented teams. So the 'Canes may actually catch a mini break of sorts in the next round.
The Full Highlights: