So, okay. Last week, Al Golden made some asinine comments about being "burnt out" and how being at Miami "took a lot of his life". I responded to those comments here, and stand by every word I said.
Today, the plot to the past 5 years thickened. Former Canes OL Jonathan Feliciano went on the Big O Show on WQAM radio and had some very, very pointed comments about Al Golden's tenure at Miami.
Among the things Feliciano said:
- Golden and staff played Brad Kaaya so that they (staff) could have excuse of using a freshman QB. Thereby, if the record was poor (that was the 6-7 season), then they'd be insulated from full blame.
- Golden and staff refused to let QB Stephen Morris get an MRI on his ankle. That forced Morris to play on a torn Achilles Tendon.
- Feliciano noted the fact that former DE Anthony Chickillo was made to gain 60lbs and play out of position.
- Asked if the players tried to get coaches to change tactics, Feliciano replied "good luck with that"
- Feliciano said that several coaches desired to play a different scheme. Golden, obviously, did not allow that.
- Feliciano said there's "internal issues worse than" anything he's able to openly discuss. And, with what he's discussed, one can only imagine what those may have been.
- Oh, and there's PLENTY more.