It’s game week, friends! And with that comes something we haven’t seen since (maybe) week 6 of the 2015 season: a depth chart for the Miami Hurricanes. Here it is:
- BACK TO THE 4-3 DEFENSE!!! YAAAAAAASSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
- Brad Kaaya starting at QB. Duh.
- Malik Rosier as QB2. I didn’t think he’d hold onto that spot for this season, but apparently he’s done just that. Good for him in apparently winning that battle.
- Mark Walton starting at RB is how things should be. He’s the best back on the team, and Yearby/Edwards can round out the rotation as a starting-level duo as the co-#2 RB
- Coley, Berrios, and Richards or Harris is a nice starting WR group. If you include both Richards AND Harris, that’s a nice top 4.
- Christopher Herndon starting at TE, but I think he’ll be 1A to David Njoku’s 1B. Plus, Njoku can play in the slot as a matchup nightmare, so that’ll be fun. And, we’ll see plenty of 2 TE sets, I’m sure.
- Starting OL of Darling-McDermott-Linder-Isidora-Odogwu is the best group. Still interested to see how they’ve progressed from last year, which was abjectly terrible.
- That starting DL of Chad Thomas-Kendrick Norton-RJ McIntosh-Trent Harris is going to be good.
- I’m excited to see Joseph Jackson, the most underrated player relative to his talent in the last recruiting class, as the backup VIPER. He’ll flash at times this year, and that should be a preview of things to come.
- The starters at LB are the entire 2016 recruiting class at LB: Zach McCloud (my personal favorite of that group), Shaq Quarterman, and Michael Pinckney. The future is now. Let’s ride.
- Colbert-Jenkins-Carter-Elder is a solid group of starters at DB. The depth isn’t there yet, but the top of the rotation should be very good.
- Not pictured, but specialists are set with Vogel and Badgley, arguably the best individuals at their position in the ACC, and easily the best duo of kickers in the conference.
- Gerald Willis III, previously reported to be suspended for the opener, and Sam Bruce, potentially up for suspension (that hasn’t been announced yet), are absent from the depth chart.
That’s it. I’m ready to beat the daylights out of FAMU already.