Mark Richt spoke to the media this afternoon in preparation for Saturday's opener Vs FAMU.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Richt noted that the team had their last full practice this morning prior to the game, and that Thursday and Friday were be more like dress rehearsals. Perhaps an attempt to avoid anymore injuries?
- On his RB situation he noted that Mark Walton was the starter, but that Gus Edwards and Joe Yearby would also get carries. On what made Walton the starter he noted, "his energy, pass protection skills, how he runs between the tackles, and his general love for the game."
- On the attrition on the defensive side of the ball, Coach Richt said "it hurt, it hurt everybody." But that he still felt they had a chance to have an "outstanding defense."
- Richt was very generous, as usual, in his praise of Brad Kaaya. Coach noted among things they worked on were Kaaya's balance, fundamentals, and not trying to do too much, but that the junior QB was a "classic pocket passer and very smart." Nothing we haven't heard before or won't hear again.
- On being back on campus, Richt said. "I enjoy the people. I enjoy the culture of Miami. It's just good for me and I am glad to be here."
Other news and notes:
Trent Harris, who has a reported fractured hand injury, could still play Saturday Evening. Interesting....
Anthony Moten is also dealing with a shoulder injury.
Richt says chance Harris or Moten will play Saturday on injury depleted UM DL. Says believes one will play, declined to elaborate— Barry Jackson (@flasportsbuzz) August 31, 2016
Just in case Harris or Moten can't go.....
RJ McIntosh said that him and Gerald Willis have been taking some reps at DE the last few days. They both have the ability to play there— Peter Ariz (@PeterAriz) August 31, 2016
If you care about things like what uni's the 'Canes will be wearing, well here ya go...
Starting with Saturday's game, make sure you know what color the Canes are rockin' both home and away! pic.twitter.com/OvI86QVPjb— Canes Football (@CanesFootball) August 29, 2016
Enjoy the day 'Canes fans. Just two more days until the opener.