Good Morning guys and gals, below you can find your daily deposit of news on all things Canes:
Sheldrick Redwine and Ahmmon Richards Return to Practice
NEWS: @CanesFootball gets some players back Tuesday at practice. https://t.co/ZeuOP175mq @HeraldSports pic.twitter.com/WXIoah0Fux— Susan Miller Degnan (@smillerdegnan) October 17, 2017
- This is HUGE for Miami, especially on the Sheldrick Redwine front. After Redwine’s departure the replacements for him have been less than spectacular, so it would be great to have him back against Syracuse’s air-raid offense on Saturday.
- Ahmmon Richards returns to practice as well, which is big news for the Miami offense, fortunately it has been nice to see that Miami has big-time players at receiver even with Richards out, but the Freshman All-American’s return will only serve to bolster the offense this week.
- When Mark Richt, in relation to this news, was asked if he expected anyone to start that hadn’t been able to go last week he responded with a “yes” gave a smirk and promptly left the podium to the laughs of everyone in the press room. Guess we’ll have to wait until the injury report Thursday to see just who will be back.
Mark Richt Gives Weekly Press Conference
Mark Richt on the state of the program, HOFers, Syracuse, injuries: https://t.co/NTB6jt5WHc— Matt Porter (@mattyports) October 17, 2017
- The full video can be found by clicking this.
- Richt, in addition to the injury news above, was asked about several things, from the direction of the program to questions on this week’s opponent, Syracuse. He had several interesting things to say, so I highly recommend you watch it.
Basketball Star Lonnie Walker Fully Cleared to Play
Miami freshman Lonnie Walker (meniscus) has been fully cleared, per Jim Larranaga.— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) October 17, 2017
- WOOOOOO! This is HUGE news for Canes Hoops. While Walker’s return around this time was fully expected, it is still big that Miami gets the cornerstone of what should be a Top 15 team back to practice with a fair amount of time before the season. Keep it here at State of the U for all of your preseason basketball previews.
UM Sports Hall of Fame Announces 2018 Class
Larry Coker, Frank Gore, Devin Hester, John Salmons, and Yonder Alonso lead 2018 UM Sports HOF class. #Canes #TheU https://t.co/e1Ar9gvB5u pic.twitter.com/dMrPzYs03T— StateOfTheU.com (@TheStateOfTheU) October 17, 2017
Other News and Notes
- SilasTsang has your Week 6 NFL Recap
NFL Recap Week 6 https://t.co/d2Dshje7cr— StateOfTheU.com (@TheStateOfTheU) October 17, 2017
- Stefan Adams has your ACC Power Rankings
After Clemson’s loss, did the #Canes make the move to the top of the ACC Power Rankings? Find out... #theU https://t.co/mCwS4JbiOU— StateOfTheU.com (@TheStateOfTheU) October 17, 2017
- Former Miami Quarterback Brad Kaaya was released by the Carolina Panters
Panthers released QB Brad Kaaya, per source.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 17, 2017
- Matt Porter sent out a quick IPF construction update
Your UM indoor practice facility construction update. pic.twitter.com/qmhHzfjOzT— Matt Porter (@mattyports) October 17, 2017
- And finally, senior WR Braxton Berrios was recognized as a Midseason All-American by CBS
CBS has @HNYNUT_BERRIOS as a midseason All American! Glad to see him get some more accolades! :D #MVP #Canes @TheStateOfTheU pic.twitter.com/e0dOUS0jNt— Spencer George (@votesgeorge) October 17, 2017