Happy Halloween Canes Fam! No need for Miami to dress up as a top 10 team, because this year they actually are one. Now that we’ve got the corny joke out of the way, we can move on...
Football News & Notes
- The season’s first playoff rankings will be released tonight at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN, and Miami will definitely be part of the conversation. There’s bound to be controversy as to where the Canes end up, but here’s SOTU’s take on where Miami is expected to be ranked.
- Saturday’s prime time game against Virginia Tech will likely determine the Coastal Division’s representative in the ACC Championship Game. Vegas doesn’t seem to trust the Canes and has pegged them as an underdog, but hey, Vegas isn’t always right.
- The Florida Gators fired Head Coach Jim McElwain on Sunday. The fallout from that will definitely impact the recruiting landscape, and potentially fall in Miami’s favor.
- The high school football regular season is nearing its end. Miami’s recruits continue to shine as many of them start eyeing runs at state championships.
- The football team has racked up the accolades all season, most recently with RJ McIntosh earning ACC Defensive Lineman of the Week for his performance against UNC. Congratulations RJ!
RJ McIntosh on Saturday:— Canes Football (@CanesFootball) October 30, 2017
11 Total Tackles
1 Tackle For Loss
1 Pass Breakup
Today, he's the ACC Defensive Lineman of the Week! pic.twitter.com/PFdsB42m6a
Basketball News & Notes
- The Canes men’s basketball team is about a week and a half away from their season opener against Gardner-Webb. Expectations are sky high for Miami as Bruce Brown aims to be a breakout player to lead the Canes to the Final Four.
- With Miami’s implication of wrongdoing by the FBI/DOJ, there’s been recent uncertainty surrounding the program. Although Coach L has maintained his and his staff’s innocence in the matter, the ripples have unfortunately affected recruiting efforts.