ACC Power Rankings - Week 12
1. Clemson Tigers 10-0 (LW: 1), Week 11 Result: 27-7 W @ Boston College, Next: vs Duke 11/17 7:00pm ET
Clemson was not as dominant this week, but still managed to defeat a ranked divisional opponent by 20 points. The Tigers appear poised for the CFP.
2. Syracuse Orange 8-2 (LW: 3), Week 11 Result: 54-23 W vs Louisville, Next: @ Notre Dame 11/17 2:30pm ET
The team that gave Clemson it’s toughest test all year is still standing tall after 10 games. Syracuse’s high-powered offense travels to South Bend next to play spoiler to undefeated Notre Dame.
3. Boston College Eagles 7-3 (LW: 2), Week 11 Result: 7-27 L vs Clemson, Next: @ Florida State 11/17 3:30pm ET
The Eagles were asked to do what 9 other teams couldn’t, take down Clemson. It didn’t go well, but Boston College has still taken a step forward this season. Next up is a trip down to Tallahassee to take on the struggling Seminoles.
4. Pittsburgh Panthers 6-4 (LW: 5), Week 11 Result: 52-22 W vs Virginia Tech, Next: @ Wake Forest 11/17 12:00pm ET
The Coastal division leaders managed to hold onto their lead while becoming bowl-eligible in the process. The two-headed monster of Qadree Ollison and Darrin Hall combined for 23 carries, 421 yards and 4 touchdowns against Virginia Tech. Good luck slowing them down Wake Forest.
5. North Carolina State Wolfpack 6-3 (LW: 4), Week 11 Result: 23-27 L vs Wake Forest, Next: @ Louisville 11/17 12:20pm ET
The Wolfpack slipped up against the Demon Deacons in their Thursday night contest. QB Ryan Finley had an uneven day finishing with 1 touchdown and 1 interception, and was outdueled by Wake backup QB Jamie Newman, who threw for 3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions.
6. Virginia Cavaliers 7-3 (LW: 6), Week 11 Result: 45-24 W vs Liberty, Next: @ Georgia Tech 11/17 3:30pm ET
The Cavaliers handled independent Liberty easily, but will be tested by Georgia Tech’s option offense that has been humming along in recent weeks.
7. Duke Blue Devils 7-3 (LW: 7), Week 11 Result: 42-35 W vs North Carolina, Next: @ Clemson 11/17 7:00pm ET
After a mid-season hiccup, the Blue Devils have gotten back on track with 2 straight victories. Unfortunately, their win streak will be tested by Clemson this weekend.
8. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 6-4 (LW: 8), Week 11 Result: 27-21 W vs Miami, Next: vs Virginia 11/17 3:30pm ET
QB TaQuon Marshall scored 2 touchdowns on the ground and another threw the air against a stout Miami defense.
9. Wake Forest Demon Deacons 5-5 (LW: 12), Week 11 Result: 27-23 W @ NC State, Next: vs Pittsburgh 11/17 3:00pm ET
The Demon Deacons came ready to play Thursday evening, despite losing their starting sstarting QB last week. Jamie Newman was incredibly efficient and could guide Wake to a bowl-berth, but it may not come this week as the red-hot Pitt Panthers come to town.
10. Miami Hurricanes 5-5 (LW: 10), Week 11 Result: 21-27 L vs GT, Next: @ Virginia Tech 11/17 3:30pm ET
The fact that Miami didn’t move in these rankings shows how rough things are for the teams at the bottom of this list. Another uninspired performance leaves the Canes with half as many wins as they had at this point last season.
11. Virginia Tech Hokies 4-5 (LW: 9), Week 11 Result: 22-52 L vs Pittsburgh, Next: vs Miami 11/17 3:30pm ET
The Hokies fall after giving up 492 rushing yards at 13.7 yards per rush against Pitt. Miami’s running game has been it’s strength on offense in recent weeks as well, so VT will have lots of work to do this week. By the way, the Hokies have to win out to get to a bowl game.
12. Florida State Seminoles 4-6 (LW: 11), Week 11 Result: 13-42 L @ Notre Dame Next: vs Boston College 11/17 3:30pm ET
Based on how the rest of the season has gone, I don’t think anyone believed FSU was leaving South Bend with a W. Just like VT, the Noles have to win out if they want to play past next weekend.
13. North Carolina Tar Heels 1-8 (LW: 13), Week 11 Result: 35-42 L @ Duke, Next: vs Western Carolina 11/17 12:20pm ET
The Tar Heels put up a fight against Duke, which is enough to keep them from the bottom of this list. What should be an easy game against Western Carolina could prove disastrous if not taken seriously.
14. Louisville Cardinals 2-8 (LW: 14), Week 11 Result: 23-54 L @ Syracuse, Next: vs NC State 11/17 12:20pm ET
Another loss by over 30 points finally cost Coach Petrino his job. Now the Cardinals must figure out where they go from here.
Do you agree with the movement in the rankings? Let us know in the comments below.