ACC Power Rankings - Week 13
1. Clemson Tigers 11-0 (LW: 1), Week 12 Result: 35-6 W vs Duke, Next: vs South Carolina 11/24 7:00pm ET
2. Pittsburgh Panthers 7-4 (LW: 4), Week 12 Result: 34-13 W @ Wake Forest, Next: @ Miami 11/24 3:30pm ET
The Panthers peaked at just the right time, winning 4 in-a-row to book themselves a trip to Charlotte, and a shot at the juggernaut that is Clemson. If running backs Qadree Ollison and Darion Hall shred the Canes this week, they’ll be carrying tons of momentum into the ACC Championship.
3. Syracuse Orange 8-3 (LW: 2), Week 12 Result: 3-36 L @ Notre Dame, Next: @ Boston College 11/24 12:00pm ET
The Orange laid an egg in Yankee Stadium against a Notre Dame squad that appears destined for the playoff. however a 10-win season is still in play if they can regroup and knock off BC.
4. North Carolina State Wolfpack 7-3 (LW: 5), Week 12 Result: 52-10 W @ Louisville, Next: @ North Carolina 11/24 12:20pm ET
The Wolfpack accomplished what many have this season with a complete dismantling of Louisville. They close ACC play this Saturday with UNC, followed by a make-up game with East Carolina, and both teams have had plenty of struggles this year.
5. Boston College Eagles 7-4 (LW: 3), Week 12 Result: 21-22 L @ Florida State, Next: vs Syracuse 11/24 12:00pm ET
Sloppy play by the Eagles wasted another quality outing from AJ Dillon, who ran for 116 yards and 2 touchdowns. Their uneven season could keep teetering the wrong direction with a strong Syracuse squad on deck.
6. Virginia Cavaliers 7-4 (LW: 6), Week 12 Result: 27-30 L @ Georgia Tech, Next: @ Virginia Tech 11/23 3:30pm ET
The Cavaliers were expected to be bottom-dwellers in the ACC this season, yet 2 weeks ago they were in the driver’s seat for the Coastal Division. They conceded that position with 2 consecutive conference losses, but have a shot a taking down in-state rival VT to cap off a positive season.
7. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 7-4 (LW: 8), Week 12 Result: 30-27 W vs Virginia, Next: @ Georgia 11/24 12:00pm ET
GT proved to be a dangerous team once again, taking down Virginia. Could they spoil the playoff-aspirations of rivals Georgia?
8. Duke Blue Devils 7-4 (LW: 7), Week 12 Result: 6-35 L @ Clemson, Next: vs Wake Forest 11/24 12:30pm ET
Clemson is legit, and the Blue Devils never had a chance. Before Week 12, QB Daniel Jones was playing some of his best football, and he’ll have a chance to return to form against Wake this week.
9. Miami Hurricanes 6-5 (LW: 10), Week 12 Result: 38-14 W @ Virginia Tech, Next: vs Pittsburgh 11/24 3:30pm ET
The losing streak is over. The Canes battered the Hokies in the Disappointment Bowl, as the offense returned from the dead, and the turnover chain showed it can still inspire the team.
10. Wake Forest Demon Deacons 5-6 (LW: 9), Week 12 Result: 13-34 L vs Pittsburgh, Next: @ Duke 11/24 12:30pm ET
Wake encountered Pitt at the wrong point of the season, and had no answer for the two-headed monster in the Panthers’ backfield. They’ll need to knock off in-state foe Duke to gain bowl-eligibility.
11. Florida State Seminoles 5-6 (LW: 12), Week 12 Result: 22-21 W vs Boston College, Next: vs Florida 11/24 12:00pm ET
The Noles have a chance to retain some dignity this season, as they are a win over the Gators away from playing in a bowl game after finding a way to get by BC.
12. Virginia Tech Hokies 4-6 (LW: 11), Week 12 Result: 14-38 L vs Miami, Next: vs Virginia 11/23 3:30pm ET
VT started the season with hopes of playing in the ACC Championship, but now find themselves needing to make-up an early season game against Marshall to make it to a bowl game. By the way, that’s also conditional on the Hokies beating Virginia this week.
13. North Carolina Tar Heels 2-8 (LW: 13), Week 12 Result: 49-26 W vs Western Carolina, Next: vs NC State 11/24 12:20pm ET
The Tar Heels handled business against Western Carolina for their second win of the season. That’s good right?
14. Louisville Cardinals 2-9 (LW: 14), Week 12 Result: 10-52 L vs NC State, Next: vs Kentucky 11/24 7:00pm ET
Louisville and Kentucky seem to have reversed roles ahead of their matchup this season, with the Cardinals now a laughing stock and the Wildcats a tough, up-and-coming program.
Do you agree with the movement in the rankings? Let us know in the comments below.