ACC Power Rankings - Week 11
1. Clemson Tigers 9-0 (LW: 1), Week 10 Result: 77-16 W vs Louisville, Next: @ Boston College 11/10 8:00pm ET
77 points??? In a conference game? There’s Clemson, and then there’s everyone else.
2. Boston College Eagles 7-2 (LW: 3), Week 10 Result: 31-21 W @ Virginia Tech, Next: vs Clemson 11/10 8:00pm ET
BC is coming into their own just in time to test their meddle with Clemson. AJ Dillon is back to his dominant self, and could potentially give Clemson’s defense problems after carving up Miami and Virginia Tech.
3. Syracuse Orange 7-2 (LW: 4), Week 10 Result: 41-24 W @ Wake Forest, Next: vs Louisville 11/9 7:00pm ET
The Orange offense is clicking right now, as they have put up 40, 51 and 41 points in their last 3 games. With the woeful Louisville up next, Syracuse is looking at an 8-2 start to the season, an amazing turnaround from their 4-8 2017 campaign.
4. North Carolina State Wolfpack 6-2 (LW: 5), Week 10 Result: 47-28 W vs Florida State, Next: vs Wake Forest 11/8 7:30pm ET
The Wolfpack continue to boast one of the best passing attacks in the country, as QB Ryan Finley posted an excellent 91.2 QB rating in the win against the Seminoles.
5. Pittsburgh Panthers 5-4 (LW: 8), Week 10 Result: 23-13 W @ Virginia, Next: vs Virginia Tech 11/10 3:30pm ET
In the twilight zone that is currently the Coastal division, the Pittsburgh Panthers are your leaders headed into week 11. They could end up playing in the ACC Championship Game, but it is nowhere near a sure thing, with games against underperforming Virginia Tech and Miami left on the schedule.
6. Virginia Cavaliers 5-3 (LW: 2), Week 10 Result: 13-23 L vs Pittsburgh, Next: vs Liberty 11/10 3:00pm ET
That didn’t last long. One week atop the Coastal division was all UVA would get as Pitt came into their stadium and ran all over the Cavaliers. UVA has the luxury of a late season non-conference game against Liberty to figure things out this weekend.
7. Duke Blue Devils 6-3 (LW: 9), Week 10 Result: 20-12 W @ Miami, Next: vs UNC 11/10 12:20pm ET
The Blue Devils stopped the bleeding on their season with a solid road victory over the Canes after losing 3 of their last 4. Duke is bowl-eligible, but remain 2 games and a tiebreaker behind Pitt in the Coastal race.
8. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 5-4 (LW: 10), Week 10 Result: 38-28 W @ UNC, Next: vs Miami 11/10 7:00pm ET
Georgia Tech will ride a 2-game winning streak and their nation-leading 377 rushing yards per game into their matchup with a reeling Miami squad.
9. Virginia Tech Hokies 4-4 (LW: 6), Week 10 Result: 21-31 L vs Boston College, Next: @ Pittsburgh 11/10 3:30pm ET
Virginia Tech is doing their best to rival the Canes for most disappointing 2018 campaign. With a trip to Pittsburgh up next, the season could be getting even worse for the former top-10 team.
10. Miami Hurricanes 5-4 (LW: 7), Week 10 Result: 12-20 L vs Duke, Next: @ Georgia Tech 11/10 7:00pm ET
Where did the Canes offense go? What was once considered a strength, has become a huge liability. Miami hasn’t scored 20 points in a game since the beginning of October.
11. Florida State Seminoles 4-5 (LW: 11), Week 10 Result: 28-47 L @ NC State Next: @ Notre Dame 11/10 7:30pm ET
The Seminoles are staring a bowl-less season square in the face as they need to defeat 2 of the 3 ranked opponents left on their schedule, #3 Notre Dame, #17 BC and #15 Florida.
12. Wake Forest Demon Deacons 4-5 (LW: 12), Week 10 Result: 24-41 L vs Syracuse, Next: @ NC State 11/8 7:30pm ET
Wake not only lost the game to Syracuse, but also lost their starting QB Sam Hartman to a season-ending injury. Redshirt Freshman Jamie Newman will get thrown into the fire with a road game against NC State up next.
13. North Carolina Tar Heels 1-7 (LW: 14), Week 10 Result: 28-38 L vs Georgia Tech, Next: @ Duke 11/10 12:20pm ET
UNC won’t have to leave their state for the rest of the season, not only because their remaining 3 opponents are all from the state, but also because they won’t be playing in a bowl game this year.
14. Louisville Cardinals 2-7 (LW: 13), Week 10 Result: 16-77 L @ Clemson, Next: @ Syracuse 11/9 7:00pm ET
The Cardinals had to move to the bottom of this list after allowing 77 points in a conference matchup. Syracuse’s high-powered offense raise the possibility of consecutive opponents dropping 50-plus on Louisville.
Do you agree with the movement in the rankings? Let us know in the comments below.