Here’s our Game Recap by Gaby Urrutia
Here’s our 3 stars from the game by John Michaels
And now, let’s get into The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
- Congrats to senior LB Shaquille Quarterman, who tied the Miami record in starting his 50th consecutive game today.
Durable. Reliable. True Cane.— Canes Football (@CanesFootball) November 24, 2019
Shaq has now tied the longest starting streak in Miami history. pic.twitter.com/yvQVACj16u
- That’s it.
- Settling for a FG late in the 3rd quarter. Look, I get it; you don’t want to get shut out and you want to start to climb back and you don’t eat an elephant in one bite, but come on. 4th and 2 from the 5 and you kick it? That’s bad. (but again, after getting stopped previously on 4th and goal from the 1, I understand it. I just don’t like it.)
- Miami lost to FIU. This is the worst loss in program history. Absolutely atrocious.
- Why did Miami not come out running the ball? FIU was 112th vs the run entering this game. But Miami wouldn’t run against them early. WHY? That’s pretty terrible.
- Jarren Williams’s early interception. Dee Wiggins stopped on his RPO slant, Jarren threw it early anticipating where Wiggins would be, and FIU took the easy pick. Uuuuuugly.
- The effort on FIU’s first TD. Romeo Finley. Shaq Quarterman. That’s not Miami-caliber effort. Also, YOU LET FIU SCORE TO GO UP 10 POINTS!!!!
- Trailing FIU 10-0 at the end of 1 quarter. Miami should not have trailed for a single second today, let alone by 2 scores at the end of a quarter.
- FIU players faking injuries. The one that came before 4th and goal on the 1 after an FIU penalty early in the 2nd quarter was the worst and most egregious one I’ve ever seen.
- Getting stopped on 4th and goal on the 1. Fake jet sweep to QB power? Not good. Worse? Miami had 2 WRs on 1 DB on the wide side of the field, and slot WR Mike Harley was COMPLETELY ignored by the FIU defense both before and after the snap. Easy throw and catch......if you look at him. But we didn’t. So that’s fun.
- FIU faked ANOTHER injury before a 4th and 1. Neither were accidental. Absolute bush league bullshit from Butch Davis’s team. And it’s at the direction of the coaches. Davis’s statement to the sideline reporter coming out of halftime that “those guys have legitimate hamstring injuries” is a blatant lie.
- ANOTHER tipped ball interception on a pass directed toward Wiggins, this one on the first play of the 3rd quarter. My GOD.
- RB DeeJay Dallas’s injury. Looked like he either broke his arm or dislocated his elbow (my goodness can you imagine that pain) early in the 3rd quarter. LITERALLY adding injury to insult of this game. Prayers up to DJD.
- There’s more, but who cares? Miami lost to FIU.
Offense: F- - -
Miami got shutout in the first half, got stopped in the redzone multiple times, turned the ball over repeatedly, and scored only a moderate amount of points in losing to FIU. F triple-minus.
Defense: F- - -
You gave up 30 and lost to FIU. You let FIU convert 6/14 on 3rd down. You didn’t get a stop late in the 4th quarter when the team needed it most. F triple-minus.
Special Teams: F- - -
Sorry Louis Hedley. Your 52 yards per punt average isn’t enough to save this one. You lost to FIU. F triple-minus.
Team wasn’t motivated. Got outcoached and outplayed YET AGAIN coming off of a bye. And you lost to FIU. This isn’t F triple-minus territory. This is a fireable offense. Full stop.
Miami lost to FIU.
I have no words.
Share your words in the comments section below.