- There is plenty of hype around the Hurricanes program this off-season, that much is known. When things get going and winning football games, not off-season transfer commitments, start to becoming the priority for Manny Diaz and his staff, will nine wins be considered a successful season?
Pointing out nine winnable games is easy if you just look at the schedule. But it seems like we say that every year. Miami winds up dropping ACC games that, on paper, look like wins but in reality wind up being losses. We see plenty of that last year.
I believe that Miami can hit the over on the 8.5 win mark in 2019, but a lot of work has to be done between now and December to get to it.
Win totals via @betonline_ag— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) March 11, 2019
Miss St 8
Notre Dame 9½
Ohio St 10
Penn St 8½
Texas A&M 7½
Wash St 8½
- The Hurricanes have also sent out some new offers. One of those went out to Trinity Catholic (St. Louis, MO) ATH Mookie Cooper. Cooper called this a “dream offer.” Texas, Alabama, Ohio State, LSU, and Michigan are among those with bids in for Cooper’s talents, but the 247 Crystal Ball has Illinois as the favorite.
There is still plenty of time for things to shake up for the nation’s 66th ranked prospect.
- Florida commit Jaquavion Fraziars has set up a visit to Miami, according to his twitter account. Fraziers is a 6-3.5 wide receiver out of Dunnellon, FL and is currently rated as the 189th prospect in the country by 247Sports.
- Miami Hurricane shortstop Freddy Zamora was named ACC Player of the Week after hitting .533 with two home runs, one being a walk-off Saturday night, two doubles, and four RBI’s against Appalachian State and Georgia Tech. Canes baseball finished the week 3-1 and are 12-3 on the year.
Alex Toral, the Canes first baseman, is tied for fourth nationally with eight home runs on the year.
- #TNM is going on tour. Manny Diaz tweeted out the first stop of the Hurricane Club Spring Tour, which is set to kick off April 10th at 6:30 p.m. at The Wharf. If you're a Canes fan and you want to get engaged in some action with the Hurricanes staff and other Canes fans, this is the place you need to be.
Don't miss a great night on the River April 10th!!! 3️⃣0️⃣5️⃣ turn up! pic.twitter.com/a5ZvrJmy9i— Manny Diaz (@Coach_MannyDiaz) March 11, 2019
- ProCane Frank Gore agreed to a one-year $2 million dollar deal with the Buffalo Bills. He will be leaving Miami after a brief stint with the Dolphins.
And that's all for me on this Tuesday morning. Go Canes!