They’re comiiiiiiiiiin’ ......to our city!!!!
Welcome to College GameDay!!!
For the second consecutive week, the Miami Hurricanes are a featured team on ESPN’s iconic pregame show. This comes on the heels of being the road team in last week’s show on the road at Louisville, a show that preceded Miami’s 47-34 win over the Cardinals.
Here are a couple quick notes:
- Kirk Herbstreit came in contact with COVID-19 this week, but has tested negative. Still, he’ll be doing GameDay and his color commentary for the game from his home in Nashville as a precaution.
Hey guys-wanted to update you on this weekend. I came in contact with the virus this week while in Nashville, so because of that, I’ll be on @CollegeGameDay and calling FSU-Miami from home. Tested negative, trying to be as safe as possible. See you tomorrow-let’s enjoy some CFB! pic.twitter.com/bXuhpwjaMj— Kirk Herbstreit (@KirkHerbstreit) September 25, 2020
- Here’s what the GameDay set will look like this weekend:
- This is the eighth time the show has been to a Miami vs. Florida State game (The record for most matchups visited by GameDay is 11 - Alabama vs. LSU)
- It’s the first time the show has been at a game featuring a ranked Miami team and an unranked Florida State team
- Miami has won four of the previous seven games vs. FSU with GameDay in town
- This is GameDay’s eighth trip to Miami – the Canes are 6-1 in the previous seven instances
- Corso has picked Miami eight times and is 6-2 with those eight picks — including last week at Louisville.
- He is 5-7 all-time when picking against the Canes
- He has picked against the Seminoles eight times - and he’s usually correct when he does
- Corso is 6-2 when donning the headgear of FSU’s opponent, including being right five straight times
- This will be headgear pick 352 for Lee Corso
- He will look to start the year with three straight headgear wins for the second time in three years
Gonna be a long day, but let’s start it by talking about the show as GameDay is in town!