October is here, and all of us had Wake Forest preseason as the last team to be undefeated in the conference. What we’ve seen in the 1st month of the season is that the preseason Top 25 had it completely wrong. Clemson, Miami and UNC were all ranked but now have combined for 7 losses and none are a lock to make it to Charlotte.
1. Wake Forest (5-0) - The Demon Deacons took control of the Atlantic Division in a wild 37-34 win over Louisville. Nick Sciba hit the game winning FG with 22 seconds left. Next Game @ Syracuse
2. North Carolina St (4-1) - The Wolfpack were able to ease past La Tech 34-27. Devin Leary 251 yards and 2 scores in the win. Next Game @ Boston College
4. Virginia Tech (3-1) - Hokies had a week off and will get back to conference play in 2 weeks. Next Game Notre Dame
5. Clemson (3-2) - The offense is still not very good, but they kept their conference title hopes alive with a tough 19-13 win over Boston College. Next Game @ Syracuse
6. Boston College (4-1) - BC got a great defensive performance, but 2 picks by their QB doomed them in a 19-13 loss to Clemson. Next Game NC St
7. North Carolina (3-2) - Sam Howell shined with 321 yards and 3 TDs in an easy win over Duke 38-7. Carolina is hanging on by a thread in the Coastal. Next Game FSU
8. Louisville (3-2) - The Cardinals got a gutsy performance by Malik Cunningham with 309 yards and 2 scores, but it wasn’t enough in a 37-34 loss to Wake Forest. Next Game Virginia
9. Virginia (3-2) - The Cavs survived a missed Miami FG to win 30-28. Brennan Armstrong continued his strong season with 268 yards and a TD. Next Game @ Louisville
10. Duke (3-2) - They were blown out by UNC but I guess they are better than the teams below them, which isn’t saying much. Next Game Georgia Tech
11. Georgia Tech (2-3) - Jeff Sims put them behind the 8 ball with 2 early interceptions, and they never recovered. All the good will from last weeks win is out the window. Next Game @ Duke
12. Miami (2-3) - What an awful ending as Andy Borregales doinked a potential game winning FG. Manny Diaz and Blake James have fire under their rear ends. Next Game @ North Carolina
13. FSU (1-4) - The Noles finally picked up their 1st win of the year 33-30 over Syracuse. Ryan Fitzgerald nailed the game winner to avoid an 0-5 start. Next Game @ North Carolina
14. Syracuse (3-2) - Losing to FSU may be the nail in the coffin for Dino Babers. Next Game Wake Forest
Literally everyone still has some type of chance to get to the ACC Title game. Miami is on life support, and judging by some of the comments in the Miami Herald, anything short of that goal may signal the end for Manny Diaz and possibly Blake James. Miami gets a bye to get right, which the remainder of the conference fights it out.