Coastal chaos….once again the Coastal division is completely up for grabs after Miami’s upset victory over Pittsburgh. Wake Forest controls their own destiny over in the Atlantic division, but with some tough games coming up they will have to keep rolling to make it to Charlotte.
Here are your week 9 Power rankings.
1. Wake Forest (8-0) - The Demon Deacons are averaging 43.4 PPG and are just overwhelming opponents on offense. They destroyed Duke 45-7. Next Game @ North Carolina
2. North Carolina St (6-2) - The Wolfpack got a much needed 28-13 win over Louisville. They sit just a game and a half back of Wake Forest. Next Game @ Wake Forest
3. Pittsburgh (6-2) - Kenny Pickett threw for 519 yards and 3 scores, but 2 costly interceptions cost the Panthers a 38-34 loss to Miami. Next Game @ Duke
5. Clemson (5-3) - If you are a gambler you either had the best luck or worst beat in the Tigers 30-20 win over FSU. Next Game @ Louisville
6. North Carolina (4-4) - Another week where the Tar Heels defense was not good in a 44-34 loss to Notre Dame. Next Game Wake Forest
7. Miami (4-4) - Miami beat a ranked team for a 2nd straight week 38-34 over Pitt. Freshman James Williams corralled the game winning interception in the 4th quarter. Next Game Georgia Tech
8. Louisville (4-4) - Malik Cunningham struggled to just 11-28 passing in a 28-13 loss to NC St. Next Game Clemson
9. Virginia Tech (4-4) - The Hokies were able to bounce back with a solid defensive performance in a 26-17 win over Georgia Tech. Next Game @ Boston College
10. Florida St (3-5) - Jordan Travis accounted for 2 TDs but the Seminole upset bid fell just short 30-20 to Clemson. Next Game North Carolina St
11. Syracuse (5-4) - Dino Babers may be in the process of saving his job if the Orange can reach a bowl game. 21-6 win over Boston College. Next Game @ Louisville
12. Georgia Tech (3-5) - The Jackets seem to be losing bowl chances by the week, and with Notre Dame and UGA still on the schedule they can’t lose another game. Next Game @ Miami
13. Boston College (4-4) - The offense has gone in the dump, passing for just 93 yards in a 21-6 loss to Syracuse. Next Game Virginia Tech
14. Duke (3-4) - The Blue Devils were not competitive at all in a 45-7 blowout loss to Wake Forest. Next Game Pittsburgh
The Canes suddenly are back in the ACC championship race, and if they can win out, and Pitt and UVA lose again, Miami could find themselves in charlotte with a chance to go to a New Years 6 bowl game.