Never did I think a Top 5 Tuesday would cause such division amongst our fan base, but that is exactly what last weeks look at our Top 5 fans did.
This week we look ahead to the 2021 season, one which is very important for the direction of the Miami program. The Canes have a lot of National love as we hit the preseason but it’s time to prove it on the field.
Today’s Top 5 Tuesday is the best games for the 2021 season. This will examine the games that will be the best not necessarily the biggest, but which ones should be the most competitive and best to watch.
5. Michigan St - It’ll be an early season cross conference matchup between the Spartans and Canes. Miami has this game at home with a noon kick and should roll against a middle of the road Big 10 team, but stranger things have happened so expect Sparty to stick around for a while.
4. Florida St - I get it, the Canes whipped the little brothers from Tallahassee 52-10, but FSU has to be better don’t they? Mike Norvell hit the portal hard and in November they hope to close the gap. This game happens to fall on my birthday, so a trip to Tallahassee is in order, and Miami should win big again.
3. Alabama - It will be a great opener for the Canes but can it be competitive? Miami fashions themselves as a true contender but the ultimate litmus test is what happens against Bama. Miami will be happy if it is a competitive game in the 4th quarter.
2. North Carolina St - Miami survived a wild one in 2020, and will need all of the offense they can muster to beat the Wolfpack in 2021. Tim Beck dialed up a ton of big plays against the Canes, so Manny Diaz will need to scheme a good game plan. Look for this to be the 2nd best ACC game of the year.
1. North Carolina - Embarrassing, painful, disgusting or any other adjective can be used to describe a terrible December afternoon at Hard Rock Stadium. Sam Howell is a Heisman contender , so the Canes will need to be sharp. Payback is a …and this game will most likely earn the winner a trip to Charlotte.
Miami will need to win at least 4 of these games to play Clemson in the ACC title game. What will the Canes record be in these 5 games?