Happy (?) Monday Canes fans. Let’s recap the weekend to start our Monday, shall we?
Miami folds again, get demolished by Michigan State 38-17
So....things are not going great (or well at all) for our beloved Hurricanes. Another P5 opponent, another loss, the Canes’ 4th in their last 5 games. Michigan State came down to Hard Rock Stadium and emerged with a relatively easy 38-17 win. The game was close for a while, but the score illustrates the difference between the teams on Saturday pretty well, in my opinion.
- Jake Marcus had this week’s game recap
- Candis McLean was on 3 stars duty again
- I chimed in with The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
- Justin Dottavio wonders what to do with Manny Diaz
- Justin also went into the lab for his day after film breakdown, which was good, but not pretty
- Candis McLean is watching the polls, which amounts to watching Miami plummet off the page at this point
- Khobi Price of The South Florida Sun-Sentinel shares the 10 things he learned from Miami’s loss on Saturday.
- Susan Miller Degnan of The Miami Herald writes that time is running out for Manny Diaz and the Canes to save this season.
- David Wilson of The Miami Herald points out that Manny Diaz hired himself at DC to fix what ailed Miami, but nothing has changed. So that’s fun.
- Manny Navarro of The Athletic says it’s time for Miami to start depending on someone other than D’Eriq King to drive the offense and lead the team.
I’m sure there’s more out there, but you get the idea.
Miami lost. And it was bad. And really, really ugly to watch. So yeah, the chatter surrounding the program is not great. Oh well. Shoulda won the game then.
That’s it for today. Not much else to say, really.
Have a marvelous Monday!